I just sent in my Anthony Award ballot for the best crime novel of 2010. You can see my choices below. (Since I’m a potential nominee for best FIRST novel, I’m not revealing my list of candidates for that one.) The winners will be announced at the Bouchercon crime writers conference in St. Louis in September.
1. “Infamous” by Ace Atkins (Putnam)
2. “Last Talk With Lola Faye” by Tomas H. Cook (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt)
3. “I’d Know You Anywhere” by Laura Lippman (William Morrow)
4. “Last Days of Ptolemy Grey” by Walter Mosley (Riverhead)
5. “City of Lost Girls” by Declan Hughes (Morrow)